The actor’s film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara won more awards than SRK’s RA.One
The 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards will be held in Singapore this year from June 7-9. While the for the main categories were announced a few days ago, the awards in the technical category have already been declared.
But believe it or not, Shahrukh Khan’s sci-fi adventure film – touted to be the frontrunner for its special effects – has not won more awards than Hrithik Roshan’s Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. Directed by Zoya Akhtar, Zindagi… garnered five awards, including Best Cinematography, Best Editing and Best Screenplay, while SRK’s film got four awards including one in the Special Effects (Visuals) category. Vidya Balan’s The Dirty Picture is No.3 with three awards, including Costume Designing. won for best Background Score for Rockstar. The winners will be handed over the trophies in Singapore.
Find the full list of IIFA Technical Awards 2012 winners below:
- Cinematography: Carlos Catalan for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Screenplay: Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Dialogue: Rajat Aroraa for The Dirty Picture
- Editing: Anand Subaya for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Production Designer: Sabu Cyril for RA.One
- Choreography: Bosco-Caesar for Senorita in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Action: Jai Singh Nijjar for Singham
- Sound Recording: Resul Pookutty and Amrit Pritam Dutta for RA.One
- Song Recording: Vishal for Chammak challo in RA.One
- Sound Re-Recording: Anuj Mathur and Baylon Fonseca for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Special Effects (Visuals): Red Chillies VFX for RA.One
- Background Score: AR Rahman for Rockstar
- Costume Designing: Niharika Khan for The Dirty Picture
- Make-up: Vikram Gaikwad for The Dirty Picture.
Meanwhile, we hear that the cool might just replace Riteish Deshmukh and Boman Irani as IIFA Awards 2012 host. Will you miss Boman and Riteish, or would you rather watch Shahid? Also, we wonder whether Shahid will have the company of Priyanka Chopra, especially since they have a new film, to promote!
Category: Featured News